Terms of Service
As a nonprofit choosing to participate and collaborate as a benefitting partner of #BrooklynGives we ask that you enter into this Memorandum of Understanding which sets forth the services and duties provided by Brooklyn Community Foundation and roles and responsibilities of all participants.
- I understand that my organization is encouraged to focus the majority of its overall marketing efforts in the days immediately leading up to #BrooklynGives on Giving Tuesday to create a sense of excitement among Brooklyn donors and fellow participating nonprofits.
- I understand that Brooklyn Community Foundation is not responsible for the amount of money contributed to my organization over the course of the event and understand that donors choose where to place their gifts and that Brooklyn Community Foundation has no control of this process.
- I confirm that my organization has a website, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter pages and that we will add the #BrooklynGives link to one or all.
- I understand that my organization's staff, board of directors, volunteers, and donors should promote #BrooklynGives over the course of the 24 hour event using social media.
- I understand that if asked to participate in any interviews with newspaper, tv or radio that I speak on behalf of all nonprofits participating in #BrooklynGives.
- I understand that my organization will receive all the monies that have been donated to my organization through GiveGab.com less any transaction fees not covered by the individual donor.
- I understand that GiveGab.com is an online platform which will safely process all contributions made to the event.
- I understand that GiveGab retains a 2% campaign management fee from all donations, capped at $20 per donation.
- I understand that credit card processing fees are an additional 2.2% + $0.30.
- I understand that all donations, less any uncovered processing fees, will be disbursed within 3 business days via direct deposit as long as bank routing and account information has been verified.
- For Spark Prize Finalists Only: I understand that only donations made through the #BrooklynGives portal or entered as offline donations (i.e. checks) during the 24-hour event will count towards the $5,000 Spark Prize Finalist match from Brooklyn Community Foundation. Matching funds will be disbursed check, less any uncovered processing fees, from Brooklyn Community Foundation by December 15, 2018.
For Spark Prize Finalists Only: I understand that my organization will receive an equal share of monies donated to the #BrooklynGives general donation form supporting all Spark Prize Finalists, minus transaction fees and a 5% fee from Brooklyn Community Foundation to cover technology and administrative costs.