Terms of Service
As a nonprofit choosing to participate and collaborate as a benefitting partner of #BrooklynGives we ask that you enter into this Memorandum of Understanding which sets forth the services and duties provided by Brooklyn Community Foundation and roles and responsibilities of all participants.
- I understand that my organization is encouraged to focus the majority of its overall marketing efforts in the days immediately leading up to #BrooklynGives on Giving Tuesday to create a sense of excitement among Brooklyn donors and fellow participating nonprofits.
- I understand that Brooklyn Community Foundation is not responsible for the amount of money contributed to my organization over the course of the event and understand that donors choose where to place their gifts and that Brooklyn Community Foundation has no control of this process.
- I understand that only donations made through the #BrooklynGives portal or entered as off-line donations (i.e. checks) during the 24-hour event will count towards the $5,000 Spark Prize Finalist match from Brooklyn Community Foundation.
- I confirm that my organization has a website, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter pages and that we will add the #BrooklynGives link to one or all.
- I understand that my organization's staff, board of directors, volunteers, and donors should promote #BrooklynGives over the course of the 24 hour event using social media.
- I understand that if asked to participate in any interviews with newspaper, tv or radio that I speak on behalf of all nonprofits participating in #BrooklynGives.
- I understand that my organization will receive all the monies that have been donated to my organization through GiveGab.com less any transaction fees not covered by the individual donor.
- I understand that my organization will receive an equal share of monies donated to the #BrooklynGives general donation form supporting all participating organizations, minus transaction fees and a 5% fee from Brooklyn Community Foundation to cover technology and administrative costs.
- I understand that GiveGab.com is an online platform which will safely process all contributions made to the event.
- I understand that all donations will be disbursed within two weeks via check from Brooklyn Community Foundation, minus applicable fees. I agree that if my organization is fiscally-sponsored, I must provide this information to Brooklyn Community Foundation in order for donations to be paid out.